Friday, May 27, 2011

Everything's Falling into Place!

So why in the world am I posting a fall photo in May? Well, this is the photo chosen to represent the book in the Ohio University Pres fall catalog! Isn't it beautiful? I can say that, since it was taken by Stephanie Rouse of Monroe County, Ohio. OK I would say that about one of my photos, but I am pleased for Stephanie.

I should also point out that this quilt block is painted directly on the barn surface--only a couple of trails have used this very difficult method which requires a professional's skill. The artist here is Scott Hagan.



I am also glad to be able to show off one of the photos that will be published. I have been posting a lot of great shots here, but of course the best are in reserve for the book. So here is an example of what is in store.

Speaking of stores, the book, Barn Quilts and the American Quilt Trail Movement is now available for preorder on Amazon.com! It's a bit early to order a book that won't be in your hands for several months, but they are offering a great preorder discount, and I don't know how long that will last.

This is a really exciting time for me! I am thrilled to be able to share the stories of all of the wonderful people I have met, and most importantly the story of Donna Sue Groves, who originated the quilt trail, and her amazing mother, Maxine, who inspired the project.

2 comments:

  1. Love your blog! Just found it looking for pictures of barns and quilts for my paintings...fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am enjoying your blog and all the beautiful barn quilt photos. Look forward to reading more!

    ReplyDelete