Sunday, September 25, 2011

A Whirlwind of Activity!

The book is ready for preorder; I have the proofs with the photos included, and WOW--I am excited! I will post info as to how to order an autographed copy within the next week or so.


I had such a great trip last week to Ashe County, North Carolina. The ladies of the Piecemakers Quilt Guild, in conjunction with the On the Same Page Literary Festival, invited me to speak. I love the mountains of North Carolina and was thrilled at the chance to pay a visit--and to talk barn quilts!


Along the way, we took a quick side trip through McDowell County, whose quilt trail was begun just as my research drew to a close. It was the first time in about a year that I traveled a new trail! This crazy quilt is one of my favorites.

I love the look of a barn with rolls of hay--and such a barn with a quilt on it is even better!
I just had to take some time out before my talk to walk through the quilt show. Of course it's hard to find a favorite, but I suppose because I had a sweet fella by my side, this one drew my attention:





Meanwhile, my dream of creating a website with links to every quilt trail has finally come true--Check out http://www.americanquilttrail.com where you will see the clickable map, links to quilt trail news, book ordering info, and much more.

No comments:

Post a Comment