Thursday, August 18, 2016

Back to the Blog

Here I am!

I keep thinking no one reads this blog--hence the lengthy absence.  Then this week four people asked why I had not posted in so long.

The short answer is--BUSY!  Wow. 




Since the new book arrived in May, I have had more then seventy speaking engagements!   It has been so much fun.

We started with an event in Schoharie, New York.

Then on to Ontario, Canada.

Then a few weeks in Michigan
. . .

Well if you want to all of the madness, here is a link:

Suzi's Crazy Schedule

In addition to talking about barn quilts, we have been painting them--take a look!

 These three sisters all painted the same block but look how different it is when the colors are changed!


I had the privilege of teaching a class at the International Quilt Study Center in Lincoln, NE.  Great results, I think!

 This is one of my favorite patterns--the Folded Flag.  The star on this one is kind of wonky, but I think that adds a bit of style!



Lots and lots of barn quilt painting workshops are coming up--including Missouri Star's Birthday Bash in September.  I visited last year, and we had loads of fun.  Can't wait to be part of the celebration!

For more information click here!

OK that's the quick check in.  More to come!

15 comments:

  1. My cousin took your class @ one of your stops in Michigan. It sounded like a lot of fun. I wish you continued success with your book.

    ReplyDelete
  2. P.S. The AQS Quilt Show in Grand Rapids featured a special exhibit: barn quilts with quilt blocks & the borders matched the specific block on the barns. It was very cool.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wish I could have seen that--sounds neat!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great to see you writing again! Hope you are well. Do you still have your bus? Would love to hear from you. God Bless

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No, we have a "regular" RV now. The bus kind of died out in California, and as much as we hated to, we had to let her go.

      Delete
  5. Sorry I missed you in Lincoln, and will miss you in York. Crazy work schedules. Have a blast! And welcome to the cornhusker state! Crazy chicken lady on the lake. (Sent Quilt Basket a photo of our large 4 foot square, but think you already have seen it.)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. York was tons of fun! I was pooped by the end of the day, but we had fun!

      Delete
  6. Colleen,

    I am at Missouri Star in a couple of weeks for four classes, then over to Ohio. You can see my schedule on www.barnuiltinfo.com by clicking on Suzi Parron events. If there is ** next to the location, that means a workshop is scheduled. IF you see one that might work for you, let me know and I will send you details.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those are sew neat. When we move to the farm I want to make a barn quilt. Are you coming to Texas anytime?

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is really neat. I have been seeing these barn quilts everywhere and wondered what they were. I am excited to find out.

    ReplyDelete
  9. If you're attempting to lose weight then you certainly have to start using this totally brand new tailor-made keto plan.

    To design this keto diet, licensed nutritionists, personal trainers, and professional cooks united to provide keto meal plans that are useful, painless, price-efficient, and delightful.

    Since their first launch in January 2019, 1000's of individuals have already completely transformed their figure and health with the benefits a great keto plan can provide.

    Speaking of benefits: clicking this link, you'll discover eight scientifically-tested ones given by the keto plan.

    ReplyDelete