Monday, June 29, 2009

More from Iowa


Darn--I thought the other photo was bad.
Gonna have to start taking headshots with me!
Click on the article to enlarge.

I have to thank Pat Gorman again for helping me with my trip. Having the press coverage was her idea, and it has brought me quite a few new contacts! Pat is not only a good "handler," as I called her, but a good press agent as well!

I have been working feverishly to get my Iowa interviews transcribed,
as I am hoping to head to Burnsville, NC Thursday. The lady mentioned in the latter part of the news article is from Burnsville. I met her at a barn quilt hanging, and she and her husband have always had a bed ready for me since then..

Other than listening and typing, I met some interesting barn quilters over the phone today. I finally tracked down groups both in Nebraska and Indiana; I also caught up with old friends in Tennessee and made some new ones in Illinois.

Remind me again how long I have to get this project done??

I suppose I had better add a photo of a barn quilt so that those of you who are checking in--and I do appreciate the emails and contacts from you all--won't be disappointed. Since I am headed to Burnsville, the photo is from an earlier trip to that area.


I like this one b/c they replicated the fabric.

Hoping for good weather so that I can get some great photos.

1 comment:

  1. Post your Iowa Barn photos, stories and join us on Facebook! www.Facebook.com Iowa Barns!

    ReplyDelete