Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Barn Quilting in Georgia

The Southern Quilt Trail expanded a while back from its roots in Powder Springs, Georgia, to several counties to the west. Though only a bit over an hour from home, that area is just a bit too far for an after-work visit, so I'd been waiting for the right opportunity.

A visit to Birmingham this past weekend took us to within a few miles of this batch of quilts, and on the way back, clear blue skies demanded that we make the side trip.

In the charming town of Bremen, we came across this Pine Tree pattern.



Just around the corner on a sweet little antiques shop, we found this gem. The cloth in the Dresden Plate looks so real!



I really appreciate the fact that each of these quilts s accompanied by a sign that provides some of its history:



Of course, I love painted quilts no matter where they hang, but I will admit--as I often have--that a quilt on a barn is best of all. The list included a farm in Buchanan, so we were off for another side trip.

I was so pleased to see this beauty--doesn't it dress up that barn handsomely?




I am so thrilled with the reception that the book has received so far--thanks to all who have spread the word!

Please do take a moment to visit www.barnquiltinfo.com to see maps of all of the quilt trails and loads of other great resources.

My first official book signing is this weekend at Georgia Sewing and Quilting in Buford. Any who are from Georgia, please come by from 9 until 11. I will also be there for the Shop Hop next month.

1 comment:

  1. WOW!~ You've been having a ball! So happy for ya! We've moved and I've been busy. So, happy to catch up with ya. XO

    ReplyDelete