Friday, August 16, 2013

Oh, Canada!

I had such a wonderful time in Ontario!  Our host, Denise Corneil, had done such an incredible job of putting together an itinerary that really gave a great sampling of what they have accomplished.  Her partner int he project, Mary Simpson, joined us for the second day and helped facilitate.

Love this--there is a barn quilt on the other end of the barn, of course. The owner is fairly recent; he had thought about getting rid of the smiley but was told that it was a local landmark!


Church window--what a beauty!  On "stilts" as they call it here!


Christina and her dog, Charlie, traveled every quilt trail in the area by scooter, and she has photographs of every barn quilt--in order!  What in incredible journey.
One of the trails is dedicated to the First Nations--what we might call Native Americans. Here, Bow and Arrow represents an important tool used for many generations.

Finally, a favorite of mine--Centennial Maple Leaf.  Just a beautiful block!

We are in new York and headed to Le Roy to see their trail.  Can't wait!

2 comments:

  1. Suzi, I just want to say thank you for introducing me to Quilt Barns. A few weeks ago I finally saw my first quilt barn and now I'm hooked! Visited 7 more two weeks ago and now I'm on a mission to try to see all the quilt barns in my area.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I envy you and your journey around the country finding barn quilts.
    Thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete